I was invited by the very lovely Anna Brown to participate in the Sunshine Blogger Award. It’s a nice little tag post where someone asks you 10 questions, which you then answer and nominate 3 more bloggers to answer your own 10 questions. It’s a nice way of shouting out to other bloggers you like and learning more about them.
1. If you could visit any point in history for just an hour where, when and why?
Okay this is overly sentimental, perhaps, but give me a break – I’m still in grief mode. I would go back to Florida in Summer 2003, when I was living with my grandparents. I would sit my grandma down and ask her all of the questions I never got to ask, and tell her the things I never got to tell her.
2. What film does everyone else love that you think is totally overrated?
Does it have to be a film? Because the thing that really fits this question for me is Breaking Bad. Everyone thinks it’s so great, right? I tried really hard to watch it, but it just sets my teeth on edge. I had nightmares about the episode with the bathtub. If you’ve watched it you’ll know what I mean.
But I do like that joke that went round, about how if Breaking Bad took place in the UK, the whole story would never have happened because the NHS would sort him out for free and he wouldn’t need to sell drugs.
3. If you were a cocktail what would your ingredients be and what would you be called?
This is a really hard question! I’m no mixologist! Can I be a drink that already exists? I would be a bourbon sour, because it’s classy and complicated but not up itself. Also, it’s American but slowly becoming more accepted in the UK.
4. What five items are always in your handbag?
Besides the obvious wallet, keys, etc., I assume? Too many pens, an emergency sanitary pad, headphones, lipstick and business cards (two types – one for blogging and one for my day job).
5. If you had to lose one sense, which one would you choose?
Hearing because I think you probably lose the least amount of quality of life. You can still drive, see where you’re going, look in the mirror (I’m vain like that), unlike if you were blind. I love to eat so I don’t think life would be worth living without a sense of taste, and your sense of smell is linked to taste. And life without touch would be very lonely. I’m already losing my hearing anyway, I think, from listening to too much loud music as a teenager.
6. Have you ever broken the law? Details required unless a court case is pending.
When I was about 12, I stole some sweets from a store because I really wanted them and didn’t have any money. I felt so guilty that I went back the next day and left the money on the counter before running away. I’m such a rebel, right?
7. How do you de-stress?
I could probably make an argument for running or even blogging, but let’s face it: it’s wine.
8. If you could only eat one meal and drink one drink for all eternity without negative repercussion what would they be?
Does that mean I could only ever eat that thing, or just that I could eat as much of that thing as I want? Anyway, I reckon it would be a spicy chicken tikka masala with some vegetable sides, pilau rice and naan bread, with a Strongbow cider. If it’s a full meal, I would require poppadoms with chutney beforehand and cupcakes for afters. Really moist and spongey cupcakes with lots of icing on top – American ones, not stodgy British ones.
9. If you could choose a week away with your partner/children to ANYWHERE IN THE WHOLE WORLD or a week away solo to the place of your dreams, which would you choose? (and where’s the place of your dreams?)
There are so many places I’d like to go, but my big dream is to go to India, with a mixture of sightseeing and relaxing on a beach in Goa. A week might not be enough. I would either go with my partner and not my kids, or maybe take them when they’re much older than they are now.
10. Tell me three things that make YOU wonderful.
I’m honest, loyal to my friends, and good at spelling.
I’d like to invite 3 blogger friends of mine to participate next:
- Hayley at Mission: Mindfulness – the blog
- Catherine at Miss P Meets World
- Heather at Shank You Very Much
And here are your questions:
- What fictional place would you most like to visit?
- What’s the farthest you have ever been from home?
- If you could have one day where there would be no consequences for doing socially unacceptable things (not necessarily illegal – just rude), what would you do?
- Who would play you in the movie of your life?
- What is one song that would HAVE to be on your life movie’s soundtrack?
- What is the number one thing on your “bucket list”?
- What is your favourite conspiracy theory, that you really hope is actually true?
- Would you rather travel to the past or the future, and why?
- What is your favourite word? Mine is defenestrate.
- Name 3 things you are grateful for today.