We’ve all had these sorts of days. You wake up to children bouncing on your bed. Your head’s pounding, eyes caked closed, nose streaming with snot, but you can’t roll over and hide your head under the duvet. You have to get up, wipe small bottoms, wrestle them into clothes and get on with the day. The kids fight and run away and shout and do everything except put their blooming shoes on.
And the reward you normally get for finally getting them out of the house? Public misbehaviour and rude judgey people staring you down or (shudder) actually saying things to you. Don’t you wish you could just karate chop them in the head?
Masked Pony Productions gets it. They’re an all-female comedy production company, whose work is specifically aimed at women and especially mums. They’re not only producing fantastic YouTube content that mums can relate to, they’re also championing female talent in the showbiz industry.
They got in touch with me recently to ask if I could help spread the word about their ‘Mum vs the World’ YouTube shorts and I was impressed with the quality of the production. I felt like I was watching a sitcom already on a major TV channel, and I wouldn’t be surprised if we see these ladies on one of them soon. They won best scripted pilot recently at the Edinburgh TV Festival.
Check out one of their shorts:
Awesome giveaway involving wine and chocolate
Masked Pony Productions are offering one of my lucky readers a ‘Mum Survival Kit’, to help you relax at the end of a long day. The kit includes:
- A bottle of Malbec
- A large bar of chocolate
- Baptiste dry shampoo
- An iTunes £15 voucher
- A spikey reflexology massage ball for your aching back
- A cucumber (For your eyes, obvs)
To enter, please just click the link below and follow the Rafflecopter instructions.
Giveaway terms & conditions
- This competition will open on 4 November and will close on 19 November at 12am GMT.
- One winner will be selected at random.
- The winner will receive the Mum Survival Kit goody box described above.
- UK entrants only.
- No cash alternative will be offered.
- The winner will be announced on The Mum Reviews’ social media outlets, not the blog.
- The winner will have 28 days to respond to their winner’s email.
- The prize will be posted directly from Masked Pony Productions.
I did not receive any incentive to do this review. I’m just nice like that. But if they get famous maybe they’ll invite me to a swanky party or something.